Sunday, September 6

Hi, My Name Is Gabi & I'm Addicted To Docs...

Dr. Marten Addicts Anonymous. If there isn't one, someone needs to get on that. Hi. I'm Gabi and I'm addicted to shoes. Has a nice ring to it...maybe I'll make it my forum sig. But I digress, shoes in general are awesome...but ever since I lost my first pair or Dr. Martens (don't ask, don't tell applies here) I've been looking for a sturdy pair of boots to replace them with because as much as I love those Rielly's (Vans.com)...waterproof they aint. And then, like every single moving object I've ever walked in front of, it hit me: another pair of Docs.Below is a picture of the hoped new addition...


do I win or what?

But seriously, DM's are classic. Albeit a punk classic, but still. One must appriciate the juxtaposition of the Dr.'s and the pretty Etiole pattern. I mean, in my life (which centers around music, brown sugar poptarts and cool/weird clothing) these are the essence of me. And they will be mine. See the words? Mark 'em!

My shoe fetish has always been one of the things I've been able to use to my advantage...socially more than financially. See, I have precious few female friends...I just don't seem to mesh with the average female. So instead of forcing my male friends to come shoe shopping with me I found someone maybe a little less colorful, peirced, and geneally more subdued...but who LOVED shoes.

Not only did she teach me how and where to get good shoes for wicked amazing cheap...but she also taught me that just because someone doesn't look like you, or run in your circle...it doesn't mean that they aren't fucking awesome (and she is). I got my first pair of heels with her...they were 10 'Wizard Of Oz' ruby shoe 4 inch heeled stunners. My mom was not pleased...and one day when I was at school she sent them to a nice farm upstate New York. You'd think they'd have gone for NYC, but apparently they had a Lisa Douglas streak in 'em.

By the way, just google 'Zsa Zsa Gabor quotes and you will learn everything you need to know about being a woman ever. And for those of you who aren't up to date enough on your TVland shows to understand how I got from shoes to Zsa Zsa Gabor, Zsa Zsa played Lisa Douglas on Green Acres.