Monday, August 24

Back To School: The Morning Edition

Woke up at 6:00am (well, 6:10ish but what Mom doesn't know wont hurt me) today. And as it turns out, 6:00am and I do not play well together. But regardless I rose from my cocoon of sheets as if Frankenstein was the new black. Is that an 'ei' or 'ie'? Please let me know....this new netbook doesn't have a dictionary handy and I don't feel like fussing with vista (or as it is affectionately called in my house "the kamekazi operating system"...we are a mac people) at such an ungodly hour.

So, it took me barely 30 minutes to touch up the ironing job on my hair, a quick eye job (i.e. a little liner at the corners/bottom and a quick sweep of mascara) and viola! I can't quite call the hair thing an "instant feelgood", because I slaved over a hot blowdryer and iron for about 30-45 minutes last night. But the point is I feel presentable, regretably I don't feel 'pretty' or 'hot'...but I can't ever really remember feeling like that....or maybe this is what pretty feels like. I dunno.

I figure its worth the extra effort since there will be new people there, some of whom are potential friends. I understand its not terribly likely...considering the apparent lack of people like me in the 14,15,16 mature-for-their-age female demographic. But, with 10 new kids and the potential that some people have grown up over the summer...who knows. I just think its going to really awkweird if people find out I'm trying to leave. Even the teachers treat you like a traitor.

You'd think, seeing as myspace is full of these 13-16 emo kids there might be someone out there who would enjoy my school...but nope. I guess I just have to grin and bear it...I mean, Marley is the girl whom I'm closest too in that school. But she has her own (severe social) issues and given the oppourtunity she'd much rather allow the popular kids to reject her than sit with me at lunch.

But I'll get to see Oscar. That'll be cool....he's my gay friend; he's "almost too gay to function" (quoting Mean Girls there). He's the kind of kid that you can't really get too close to, because he becomes very clingy. I guess I have tendencies to become clingy...I just haven't had anybody to apply it too.

Anyways...I was trying to stave off hunger/desire to read the comics while Dad goes and gets a pumpernickle bagel (my favorite). More later : /