Monday, August 24

Missed Connections

You know all those ads in the 'missed connection' sections of craigslist or wherever? They were made for people like me; I keep botching chances to make new, non-druggie/alchie/depressed/self-harming friends. And it annoys me, because I never think before I talk, so something that could end up with a name, or a phone number ends after a few words.

This has happened twice, and I am determined not to let it happen again.

There was this one kid I met at Warped Tour in the Gallows pit. He was like 5'10-6', sandy blonde hair, a wrestler, he was 19...and lived in whitman. Oh, and he had his ears gauged big enough for me to ask (and get) to stick my finger through.


And then, I saw this kid at Dew Tour. Tallish, curly shoulder length hair, braces...on that day he was wearing grey jeans and a red plaid...with a white I think it was T-shirt. He had one of the passes that let him go down around the park and take waters from the same cooler as Tony Hawk and Ryan Sheckler.


So Whitman I haven't seen since, and I think it would be a divine coincidence if I ever did. But Dew Tour I saw today at a class trip, I walked over to him and was like "you were at Dew Tour?" and he was like "...yeah," and we talked for like five minutes and then my friends called me away so they could splash me with water.


I swear I'm not a stalker, but that was weird. He was cute too. But on the ride back to school I was like "awww, fuck." and then I tried to rationalize with myself by saying "no going back now." To which I begrudingly agreed. So I guess that's the end of that, I mean, I have no solid information to facebook search him with other than that he probably lives around subury/concord/any of the surrounding towns.

But really, this is something that, especially if I plan on existing in the outside world, that I need to work on. Maybe this is a reasonable goal...I don't know if this is really worth posting, but I'm going to because as part of my process I'm trying not to second guess myself so much. Plus, I have another entry documenting my first day of school on the way. It just needs to have all of the profanities swapped out for their more acceptable but still just as nasty counterparts.